Tax Payment Plan 2021
Updated: Jan 28
The HMRC Self-Assessment Tax Return Payment plan has now been added to your Government Gateway account.
To set up the payment plan, it is easy:
1) Complete your 2020 tax return
2) Log in to your Government Gateway account
3) Scroll down to the Self-Assessment box
4) Under 'Your Balance', you should see a link to "Set up a payment plan if you can not pay in full.'
5) Click the link and fill out your direct debit instructions
a) You will be able to offer a lump sum upfront
b) Set up a payment plan for the rest of the year - note that a small amount of interest will be added.
You will be allowed up to 12 months to pay your 2020 tax bill during 2021.
To go directly to the Government Gateway login page, click here.
If you wish to read the HMRC article on the subject released on the 3rd of October follow this link.
If you wish to join our email list, leave your details with us, go to our home page, click the menu bar, and then Leave Your Details.