• Jason Short

Self-isolation Support for the Self-Employed and Employed

Updated: Nov 29, 2020

From the 28th of September 2020, if you are asked to Self-Isolate, and can not work from home, you may be able to claim a £500 one-time lump sum payment called Self-Isolation Support. To qualify, the request to stay must come from the Government Track and Trace team and it will be because you have either tested positive for COVID, or you have been in close contact with someone who has.

The payments will commence on the 12th of October 2020.

In addition to being asked to self-isolate, to qualify you must also meet the following criteria


- You must be unable to carry out your work from your home

- And claim one of the following:

* Working Tax Credits

* Employment Support

* Job Seekers Allowance

* Income Support

* Housing Benefit

* Pension Credit

The payment is open to both self-employed people and PAYE workers.

There are estimated to be around 4 million self-employed people in the UK to would qualify for this payment.

The link to the Gov.uk site is here.

To learn more about Short and Sons, have a look around our site using the links at the top.

475 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All